Thursday, June 18, 2009

Demon In My View Review


Release Date: May 9, 2000
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 176
Other Books In Series: In The Forests Of The Night

Though nobody at her high school knows it, Jessica is a published author. Her vampire novel, Tiger, Tiger, has just come out under the pen name Ash Night. Now two new students have just arrived in Ramsa, and both want Jessica’s attention. She has no patience with overly friendly Caryn, but she’s instantly drawn to Alex, a self-assured, mysterious boy who seems surprisingly familiar. If Jessica didn’t know better, she’d think Aubrey, the alluring villain from her novel had just sprung to life. That’s impossible, of course; Aubrey is a figment of her imagination. Or is he?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have one big complaint about this book: it should be longer.

I enjoyed In The Forests Of The Night, but I definitely liked this one better. The plot instantly grabbed my attention, making me not want to put it down. I probably would've read it in one sitting if I didn't have to take care of my mom. All of that, and the fact that it's a small book, made it an easy day read.

Aubrey, who I hated in the last book, easily became a great character. Jessica was also an awesome character (and not because we have the same first name, but that was cool). I really didn't hate any of the characters, except for the villain, Fala.

The fact that Amelia Atwater-Rhodes was only 16 when she wrote this (and 13 when she wrote In The Forests Of The Night) amazes me. The story didn't leave any loose ends, and the writing was great, as expected.

I'd recommend this book/series quickly! I cannot wait for the next book, Shattered Mirror. Hopefully, there'll be more of the characters that I have easily fallen in love with.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments feed the greedy comment-addicted blogger inside of me. Thanks for keeping me going.