Thursday, November 5, 2009

Judging A Book By It's Cover

This books looks, really, really good. And from what I've heard about it, it IS really, really good. But, what about the cover?




The picture on the cover just looks too animated for my taste. And I don't really like the color of the author's name. But, other than that, it's not bad. The font's nice, I like the idea for the picture (like I said though, the picture's too animated for my taste), and I've definitely seen worse. Although I probably wouldn't pick it up as soon as I saw the cover if I didn't know what it was about. But, that's just my opinion, what do you think?
--------------------------------------------------------

On a different note: I've decided to feature new and old bloggers to interview and/or guest post along with some author interviews that I'm going to try to arrange soon. If any bloggers (and, of course, authors) want to be interviewed or write a guest post for Shut Up! I'm Reading., don't hesitate to email me at: shutupjessicasreading @ gmail.com First come, first serve. (Just take away the spaces.) Thanks!

8 comments:

  1. I think it looks like a cool book too... but you kinda have to look at the cover closely or you miss what it's about, I think. It's not very eye-grabbing in that sense. Jessica, I would love to be interviewed -- just let me know if you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am agree with you that the color of author name should be change. present color seems odd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually liked this cover. Tastes certainly vary don't they?
    I'd love to be interviewed, sending you an email.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have varied feelings of the cover. I like the picture, but it kinda looks a little weird too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, i am a person who literally judges a book by its cover.

    My favourite series i picked up because of the cover.

    And i wouldnt pick that up...I havent actually heard a review on this book yet...but still, it would uglyfy my shelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like the cover much either but the book sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the cover but it doesn't look scary. The spikes on the door don't look menacing enough!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover is not very appealing, yeah the author's name does not look right.. Is this an dystopian novel? The picture remiends me of that!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments feed the greedy comment-addicted blogger inside of me. Thanks for keeping me going.