Friday, January 8, 2010

Judging A Book By It's Cover: Uninvited

Here's the cover I'm judging today:


I like this cover. The picture is really mysterious and intriguing, and the title font is really cool, and the tag line too. However, I don't like the way the color outside of the window fades and the author font is kind of blah compared to the title font. But overall, the cover catches my eye.

Now that we've judged the cover, here's what the book's about:

When rejection comes back to bite you...

Jordan's life sucks. Her boyfriend, Michael, dumped her, slept his way through half the student body, and then killed himself. But now, somehow, he appears at her window every night, begging her to let him in.


Jordan can't understand why he wants her, but she feels her resistance wearing down. After all, her life -- once a broken record of boring parties, meaningless hookups, and friends she couldn't relate to -- now consists of her drinking alone in her room as she waits for the sun to go down.



Michael needs to be invited in before he can enter. All Jordan has to do is say the words....


11 comments:

  1. I almost bought this book on amazon last night just because of the cover, but I saw it had poor reviews and decided not to. I hope it really is good...then I'll buy it later :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the synopsis of the book has me wanting to know more.. I love books that do this..I will definitely have to add it to my to be read list.

    As far as the cover, I agree her name should of been a little different color(darker) and font wise.

    Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this cover, but sadly I've heard nothing but bad reviews of it, so alas. If I see it at the library I'll pick it up, but thats it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude I so did not liked this book. It was boring, and well the summary may talk a lot about vampires but it's just about a stalker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jess, just stopping in. Your blog looks wonderful. Keep up the great work. I love the synopses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sitting on my TBR shelf.... but I agree- the cover is really intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover and the synopsis as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I certainly like the blurb but it sounds pretty scary. The cover looks haunting too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the cover's okay, but I wasn't a big fan of the book.

    I like the title font with the vampish V, and it does look very mysterious. It's doesn't jump out at me as much as it should, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! You've won an award on my blog: http://the-sweet-bonjour.blogspot.com/2010/01/happy-101-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. I never would have pegged this cover for being this type of book. Great feature.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments feed the greedy comment-addicted blogger inside of me. Thanks for keeping me going.