Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging Review

http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1174447512l/402013.jpg
Author: Louise Rennison
Release Date: April 13, 2000
Pages: 247 (Paperback)
Publisher: HarperCollins
Most Appropriate For Ages: 12+
Where I Got It: Bought

"There are six things very wrong with my life:

1. I have one of those under-the-skin spots that will never come to a head but lurk in a red way for the next two years.

2. It is on my nose

3. I have a three-year-old sister who may have peed somewhere in my room.

4. In fourteen days the summer hols will be over and then it will be back to Stalag 14 and Oberfuhrer Frau Simpson and her bunch of sadistic teachers.

5. I am very ugly and need to go into an ugly home.

6. I went to a party dressed as a stuffed olive."
OK so this book was absolutely HILARIOUS. And not in the "Oh, haha, chucklechuckle" way. In the "OMG THERE ARE TEARS STREAMING DOWN MY FACE MY SHOULDERS ARE SHAKING WITH THE LAUGHTER" way.

While Georgia could be pretty bratty at times (especially to her poor Vati!), but her amazingly funny narration and antics and just the hilarity that was her and her life more than made up for some bratiness.(Humor fixes all things with me.)

There wasn't a lot of substance in this novel, truth be told. It was definitely a chick-lit novel, through and through; girl has friend drama, girl gets the super-hot guy of her teeny dreams, etc. ...But I was having far too much fun to care.

Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging was such a light, funny, awesome book. I cannot wait to read the next installment in the Georgia Nicholson series, cause I have a feeling this is one of those series that will just get better and better.

Book Report:
Plot: Well-paced and fun.
Characters: Kind of annoying, but funny.
Writing: Easy to read.
Ending: Cheesy and perfect.
Kid friendly? Pretty. There's lots of making out, as well as mentions of sex, very mild swearing.
Should I read it? Yes! Even days after reading it, you'll think back on it and laugh.
Overall:

2 comments:

  1. Hehe, I remember reading this. :-)

    If you like the Georgia Nicholson novels, you might also like The Year My Life Went Down the Loo. It kicks off one of my first favorite YA series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad you liked this one, The Georgia Nicholson series seriously got me through my teen years laughing instead of crying. I loved it so much!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments feed the greedy comment-addicted blogger inside of me. Thanks for keeping me going.