Friday, November 4, 2011

The Iron Knight Review

Author: Julie Kagawa
Release Date: October 25, 2011
Pages: 394 (e-galley)
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Most Appropriate For Ages: 12+
Where I Got It: For review through Netgalley
Other Titles in Series: The Iron King, The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen
My name—my True Name—is Ashallayn'darkmyr Tallyn.
I am the last remaining son of Mab, Queen of the Unseelie Court. And I am dead to her.
My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl…
This book is so emotional. It was the ultimate Emotion Roller Coaster. Here are some of the things I (literally) shouted while reading:

"Look out!"
"WAIT WHAT."
"AHHHH NO."
"Yes!"
"NO."
"Yes!"
"I just want to bake Ash a cake made of rainbows and smiles so he can eat it and be happy!"
"NOOOO."
"YES!!!"
"Yeah, you know that's right!"
"Oh snap, I like you!"
"Ahhh!"
"...Wait, what?"
"I DON'T UNDERSTAND."
"I DON'T UNDERSTAND."
"I'M LOSING MY MIND."
"I THINK MY BRAIN JUST EXPLODED."
"OH GOD IT'S SO SAD!"
"SO SAD."
"I KNEW IT! I WAS RIGHT."
"Yay!!'
"Um there are only like 60 pages left. How am I going to survive without this series in my life?"
"Only 50 pages left AHHH."
"Only 40 pages left I CAN'T TAKE IT."
"...Wait my ereader says I have 30 more pages but I don't. AH I FEEL CHEATED. Now I need to re-read the series to get my 30 pages in."

Yeah, that pretty much sums up my thoughts.

So, in a nutshell: I've fallen in love with this series, totally and completely. I've laughed and been kept on the edge of my seat, The Iron Queen was the only book to ever make me cry, and I've never been as verbal while reading when I read The Iron Knight (see above). I'm so, so sad to see it ending but so ridiculously happy with how it ended. If you haven't read it yet, please change that immediately.

Plot: Yes.
Characters: Yes.
Writing: Yes.
Ending: SO MUCH YES.
Kid Friendly? There may have been a tad of swearing, and some (very non-explicit) sex.
Should I read it? Abso-freaking-lutely.
Overall:

1 comment:

  1. Haha. I love your review. That is exactly how I felt! I can't believe the series is over. =(

    ReplyDelete

Your comments feed the greedy comment-addicted blogger inside of me. Thanks for keeping me going.