Thursday, March 25, 2010

Judging A Book By It's Cover: Merger

This week the cover I'm judging is:

I like this cover. Something about the photo makes me think it's a romantic realistic fiction, but luckily the tag line and title of the series sets me straight. And I do like the picture, it immediately catches my eye. I wonder why the girl's side is in black and white and the guy's in color...? But, overall, good fonts, good photo, and good colors.

This is the part where I would post the synopsis of the book, but it's the second in the Soterians series, and I don't want to spoil anything for anyone (including myself) so I'm posting the synopsis to book 1, Rising Shadow:

Ashlyn Woods seems like an average college student: going to classes, riding her bike, and spending time with her boyfriend, Kai. But Ashlyn is far from average . . . she is a Soterian, a person who has developed special powers to fight evil. When a large car manufacturing plant in Minnesota is shut down because of a merger, putting an entire town out of work, Ashlyn struggles to balance school, her training, and her sometimes fragile relationship with Kai while fighting against the corruption that is threatening thousands of innocent people. But when she and the other Soterians discover that a new factory in Mexico holds the key to a dangerous secret, Ashlyn is reminded that nothing is as important as the ever-present threat of Deimos, the ultimate source of evil, who knows much more about Ashlyn and her loved ones than she had ever feared.
http://www.mylivesignature.com/signatures/85705/bergquistorama/72eb37eb0eb154f255ad3e4429dc521e.png

5 comments:

  1. It's an odd cover, but it looks really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished reading this one - and though I did not like it as well as the first, it's a wonderful book which REALLY sets up book 3 in a unique way...which I cant wait for! :) Rising Shadows was/is amazing - both of these books are amazing reads! :)

    I like this cover much better than Rising Shadows...and it def. goes with the book...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like one of those odd but interesting covers and one that well complements the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. duuude you changed your layout.... I LOVE IT!

    and i gave you an award: http://haleymathiot.blogspot.com/2010/03/i-got-some-serious-awards.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why but I really don't like this cover. Can't wait to see what you think after reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments feed the greedy comment-addicted blogger inside of me. Thanks for keeping me going.