Sunday, August 30, 2009

Possible Temporary Leave Absense Notice

Yeah. It sucks 'cause I'm not going on vacation or anything fun like that. No, not at ALL. My laptop (or, more specifically, my mom's laptop) is...pretty much broken. When we try to turn it on, the LED lights come on, and you can hear the fan starting up is you listen really hard, but it won't turn on. We can get it on after a while if we take out the battery, take out the charger, and hold the power button down for 30-40 seconds, then leave the battery out but plug the charger back in. (Though I'd post that in case anyone else was having this problem.) Hopefully, I will find some way to get on the computer...even if it means going on my dial-up computer (we live in the middle of nowhere which means, no high speed) because I'd probably go crazy without it. On the positive side, hopefully I'll get some much needed reading done.

So, hopefully it will still come on with our little trick, but if not, I will have no guilt now.

I'm gonna go read Shiver and try to get rid of the remains of my nasty zit. (Not simultaneously, though.)

7 comments:

  1. Bummer about your laptop. Computer trouble is the worst. :P
    I hope your trick continues to work (or your laptop has a miraculous recovery). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, the second one if preferable. :) Thanks for the good mojo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhssss nossssss! LOL
    It's always terrible when your computer doesn't work... kinda makes you want it more, in my experience.
    I will miss you until you're back on here : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no doll. How upsetting. Good luck finding a computer dr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck fixing the computer! Hopefully it's just the battery that needs replacing (usually after some time they won't charge anymore...but I'm not sure if that's the problem you're having). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sucks. Good luck getting the computer fixed. Thanks for your comment on the review of Hush Hush. I tried to like the book but just couldn't. I respect your opinion as well :)

    I can't wait to see your review of Shiver. I think I will be reading that as soon as I can get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarbear and Juju: Thanks! So far so good, I mean, it turns on so that's always a good thing.

    Lizzy: That's what we're hoping, too. I looked up our problem online (it's where I got my trick) and it said that the battery might be the problem.

    Dani: Yeah, we can't all like the same stuff. I've only got like 80 pages left, so I'll most likely be finishing it by tomorrow...maybe even tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments feed the greedy comment-addicted blogger inside of me. Thanks for keeping me going.